Tips for Traveling With Diabetes

Ответить
Nowseore
Новичок
Новичок

Tips for Traveling With Diabetes

Сообщение Nowseore »

In the past few years I have been on a lot of trips, and managing diabetes is a challenge. This was my most difficult backpacking trip. It was often difficult to find refrigeration for insulin because we were staying in hostels and hotels. Although it is not necessary to keep insulin in a fridge at all times, insulin can lose its effectiveness if it is exposed to extreme heat or cold. A few years back, my insulin was left on my car's dashboard in middle of summer. It was nearly ineffective when I attempted to inject insulin that afternoon. I needed to take more insulin than the usual dose. My insulin is very important to me when I travel. I don't want to be in a foreign country and find my insulin not working properly. This would be a recipe for disaster.

Flying with Diabetes

Flying has always been the most difficult thing for me. Today, most American flights do not offer food for passengers. Growing up, I believed that eating on a plane was a luxury. In recent years, however, I have found that I am happier when my own food is available. I'm often not impressed by the food choices, even when I travel long distances. Although I thought the special diabetes meal had to be delicious, I found that it was often just a way to remove the dessert. You should bring food you enjoy if you have the space.

How to get through security

Security guards were often confused by my insulin pump in the past. Sometimes I was able pass without being asked any questions. I was often bombarded with questions about my pump if I set the alarm. I now carry prescriptions for all my diabetes supplies. This has made it much easier to get through my diabetes issues quickly. The guards seem to be more comfortable with my diabetes accessories, so they are more likely to let me through without asking a lot of questions. It was horrible after 9-11. One case saw me almost miss my flight as the guard tried to call my doctor at 9pm to confirm that I was diabetic. I also had Gatorade in a water bottle. To prove it wasn't poisonous or acid, the guard made me drink some. It was only one glass and my blood sugar didn't spike. For more info about microwave heat pack, Visit : https://www.revlangs.com/phase-change-i ... plate.html

General Guidelines

You should plan well in advance. You should have enough medication (pills, insulin, or any other) and sufficient testing supplies. My first trip outside the country was to Benin, West Africa. I only brought enough supplies according to my daily usage. I ended up using more test strips than I had anticipated when I became ill with malaria just a few weeks before the trip. The rest of my trip I only used the test strips sparingly, but I still had enough. I've always had more diabetes supplies than necessary. It has never been a regrettable decision.
WilliamFlilt
Новичок
Новичок

-

Сообщение WilliamFlilt »

If you want to check if it was red or black, you could just have a pixel pattern for each, one for red and one for black.
The pattern should include a pixel from each black field for the black pattern.

Get the idea? That would simplify things quite a bit.
Ответить